Having worked broadly in Civil and Structural Engineering, Charles also possesses skills in the field of facades. Besides GRC, he has an enviable width of experience. Examples are: a cable stayed glass façade for Victoria Station in London, a glass wall and roof envelope for the State Library of South Australia, pre-cast concrete panels for a new tax office in Penrith, Bow tresses for structural glazing for NSW University and also for Quay Grand, Circular Quay.
Facade Engineering makes up 50% of the income for RH Consulting Engineers. They enjoy a healthy workload in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Adelaide. They work for a variety of main contractors, specialists facade contractors and clients. Their work content covers steel, aluminium, GRC, fibre cement sheet and fibre reinforced plastic.
Please refer to the project gallery for Facades. Notable projects in the last five years have been:
1. SCG New Stand, external facade, Sydney
2. Barangaroo residential buildings, R8 and R9, Sydney
3. VCCC Hospital external facade, Melbourne
4. 35 Spring Street, Melbourne (ongoing)
5. New Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide
6. Queen Elizabeth Hospital Carpark, Perth
7. International and Domestic Carpark cladding, Sydney